Forum

Author Topic: How to fix the elevation of a static point in a 3D model?  (Read 900 times)

ronativ

• View Profile
How to fix the elevation of a static point in a 3D model?
« on: October 09, 2018, 11:04:31 AM »
Hi All,

I want to create several 3D models, namely DEMs, for a 10 hours experiment, in which I uplift 1 m-by-0.5 m aerial box and quantify the developed topography each 15 minutes.

Each 15 minutes, I use 5 cameras which are fixed to the roof of the box, to snapshot the topography inside the box. I manage to create 0.5 mm resolutions DEMs, but I have a recurring problem, in which the different DEMs (corresponding to different time intervals) cannot be compared by elevation.

I am thinking if there exist a technique to, for example, fixthe elevation of a point in space, for which I know for certain that doesnot change. Is this possible through Agisoft Photoscan environment? if so, how can I achieve this?

Thanks in advance and Best wishes,
Ron

ronativ

• View Profile
Re: How to fix the elevation of a static point in a 3D model?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 11:15:09 AM »
Hi All,

I want to create several 3D models, namely DEMs, for a 10 hours experiment, in which I uplift 1 m-by-0.5 m aerial box and quantify the developed topography each 15 minutes.

Each 15 minutes, I use 5 cameras which are fixed to the roof of the box, to snapshot the topography inside the box. I manage to create 0.5 mm resolutions DEMs, but I have a recurring problem, in which the different DEMs (corresponding to different time intervals) cannot be compared by elevation.

I am thinking if there exist a technique to, for example, fixthe elevation of a point in space, for which I know for certain that doesnot change. Is this possible through Agisoft Photoscan environment? if so, how can I achieve this?

Thanks in advance and Best wishes,
Ron

.... Anyone?