Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft PhotoScan 0.9.1 pre-release  (Read 132996 times)

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Agisoft PhotoScan 0.9.1 pre-release
« Reply #75 on: April 16, 2013, 01:00:02 PM »
Hello Diego,

Version 0.9.1 build 1659 not fixed calibration. Optimize photo alignment change the calibration parameters in ajusted.
Version 0.9.1 build 1654 is OK

Fixed calibration flag makes PhotoScan to use fixed values from Initial tab. In case you have different values in the Adjusted tab and wish to keep them during the optimization you can just uncheck all the parameters in the Optimize camera alignment dialog.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Diego

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2013, 03:15:43 PM »
Fixed calibration flag makes PhotoScan to use fixed values from Initial tab. In case you have different values in the Adjusted tab and wish to keep them during the optimization you can just uncheck all the parameters in the Optimize camera alignment dialog.

Hello Alexey,

I understand, but I fixed calibration from the beginning and in earlier versions if fixed and did not change when It optimized parameters. But in this version, when fixed to the calibration from the beginning, the software changes the parameters when optimized, so this fixed. I think it's a bug.

Version 0.9.1 build 1659 not fixed calibration.

Version 0.9.1 build 1654 is OK.

Kind Regards,

Diego
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 05:18:18 PM by diegotorres »

kiteman

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2013, 01:28:15 PM »
Ciao!

codecs target, are useful only for GCP, or are used by the software as well as help in the process of alignment of the images?
Stefano

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2013, 01:32:44 PM »
Hello Diego,

Could you please check that the problem is reproducible and describe the workflow, so we could check it on our side?

Hello Stefano,

Markers based on coded targets work similar to common markers - their could be used as valid matches when "Align selected cameras" option is used.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

kiteman

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2013, 02:01:04 PM »
Many thanks

Oli63

• www.geospy.at
    • View Profile
    • GeoSpy Aerial Imaging & Mapping GmbH
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2013, 02:06:37 AM »
Hello Alexey,

does the new support for K4 radial distortion mean that fisheye lenses could be used?
GeoSpy Aerial Imaging & Mapping GmbH
www.geospy.at

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2013, 04:08:53 PM »
Hello Oliver,

K4 could be adjusted only during the optimization step, however, if the cameras could be aligned the use of this parameter could produce better approximation and reduce the reprojection error.
But in case fish-eye images can not pass Align Photos stage successfully K4 could not be used to help anyhow.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Subunderground

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2013, 07:11:59 PM »
Hi All,

I'm using 0.9.1 with great results.....however...

I'm finding that when I import my mesh into Mudbox is has quite a few ngon and tshapes etc. in the exported mesh. It means we can't use any retopology tools. I'm decimating the mesh down to 1,000,000 polys in photoscan BTW in case that may be doing it? I'm just assuming this is the issue?

Any ideas what I can do to get around this? Can I leave it RAW capture resolution ( we used to have the poly count as zero to get this)

Or any ideas how I can make the mesh useable?

Many thanks in advance.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2013, 07:25:19 PM »
Hello Subunderground,

PhotoScan operates only with triangle faces and exported mesh should contain only triangle as well. Could you please check that other polygon types were not created during the import?
I can also recommend to use Fix Topology option in View Mesh Statistics dialog (available from Tools menu) to remove topology issues (like duplicate faces, zero faces, multiple edges and etc.).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Wishgranter

• View Profile
    • Museum of Historic Buildings
« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2013, 12:35:20 AM »
Alexey, please read email, im have some screenshots of the problem with sample mesh and little explanation.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 12:38:55 AM by Wishgranter »
----------------
www.mhb.sk

Subunderground

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2013, 11:27:08 AM »
Hi Alexey, thanks for getting back so quickly.

I've just tried the Fix Topology which has the same issue, and I'm now going through every export option to try and get one that works. I can also email you some screenshots if that would help.

Many thanks!

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2013, 11:43:12 AM »
Hello Wishgranter,

Thank you, will check it.

Hello Subunderground,

The screenshots may help, also if you could share the project file and/or exported model it can be also helpful. If they are not so big please send the data to support@agisoft.ru
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2013, 04:54:09 PM »
Hello Diego,

Please try build 1667, now Fixed calibration mode should be working properly.

Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 29, 2013, 04:54:15 PM »
Hello Wishgranter and Subunderground,

We hope that updated version will also fix the topology problems and other issues with faces.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

macsurveyr

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2013, 10:00:06 PM »
Alexey,

I just tried build 1667 with a project with fixed cameras and errors jump from ~0.25 pixels per photo to over 100 pixels.

The project actually has four cameras - two have to be held fixed and the other two can, need, to be calibrated. The alignment went great with no real problems. As soon as I optimized, the errors increased to over 100 pixels. I loaded the successfully aligned photos - before any optimization - into build 1647 and everything behaves fine. I can optimize and refine the project and refine the two unfixed cameras.

I saved and opened the project in build 1667 again and the errors once again jumped from ~0.25 to over 100 on both the fixed cameras. The errors remain at ~0.25 pixels for the other two cameras.

If I go to the camera calibration and uncheck fixed for those two cameras, the errors immediately drop to less than 0.25 pixels for all cameras. If I go back in and check fixed again, the errors jump back to over 100

Tom