Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft PhotoScan 0.9.1 pre-release  (Read 132893 times)

Diego

• View Profile
Re: Agisoft PhotoScan 0.9.1 pre-release
« Reply #90 on: May 02, 2013, 12:24:08 AM »
Hello Diego,

Please try build 1667, now Fixed calibration mode should be working properly.

Hello Alexey,

Now it works perfect, thank you very much.

Best regards,

Diego

augeaz

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2013, 03:54:59 AM »
hello

the pre-release works without any major problems so far, thank you

a small inconsistency when exporting textures was found by me

please find link to google doc zip with all the files so its more clear what it is about

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3h8nfSJ97z1MV9TOS1VQ2hSaUk/edit?usp=sharing

photoscan_window_test_no_17.jpg (photoscan 0.9.0)
photoscan_window_test_no_50.jpg (photoscan 0.9.1)

input_test_no_17_1_vs_test_no_50_1.jpg (comparison of input files)

test_no_17.jpg (exported textures on photoscan 0.9.0)
test_no_50.jpg (exported textures on photoscan 0.9.1)

light wise input pictures are pretty the same, no change in camera settings or ambient

window in photoscan 0.9.0 reports blended textures a bit brither
window in photoscan 0.9.1 reports blended textures a lot brither

photoscan 0.9.0 exported textures are similar to the input

but photoscan 0.9.1 exported textures are a lot darker

it could be me missing some option

regards
marcin

Dmitry Semyonov

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2013, 05:51:46 PM »
Hello Marcin,

Thank you for reporting.

Are you processing HDR images or normal ones?
Are you using Standard or HDR Color depth setting in Build Texture dialog?
With best regards,
Dmitry Semyonov
Agisoft

augeaz

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 08, 2013, 12:08:02 AM »
hello Dmitry

yes, the textures were built using HDR indeed

regards
marcin

Dmitry Semyonov

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 08, 2013, 02:22:38 PM »
Hello Marcin,

Conversion between standard and HDR data range can result in undesired brightness changes, as it introduces brightness normalization.

In general we recommend to generate textures in HDR mode only if you are processing HDR images, and generate textures with standard color depth if you are processing non HDR images.

Please let us know if you have any specific reasons to use HDR option in the Build Texture dialog.
With best regards,
Dmitry Semyonov
Agisoft

augeaz

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 08, 2013, 02:28:45 PM »
hello Dmitry

there is no reason other than testing new software and all its options

all explained, probably my lack of knowledge here

regards
Marcin

macsurveyr

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 09, 2013, 07:23:48 PM »
Hello Alexey,

I just tried the latest build 1676 with both fixed and not fixed camera calibrations and it is the same as 1667. it does not work properly. I can hold all cameras fixed or all cameras unfixed and have predictable errors. Mixing fixed and unfixed cameras does not work.

Tom

andyroo

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 16, 2013, 07:53:52 PM »
I notice that it takes longer for GCPs to show up after I create them in 0.9.1 (build 1676) than in 0.8.5. Didn't use 0.9.0, so I don't know whether the difference was also  in that version.

Seems to be taking an average of about 37 seconds for me in a project with four chunks, each with about 250 cameras (12MP images). Model is 50 000 000 faces, system is dual Xeon X5647 2.93 GHz w. 48GB RAM and dual NVidia GTX 560 Ti cards.

with about a hundred GCPs entered that means I spend an hour just waiting for the coordinates to pop up after I click "Create".

(By the way I love that the GCPs stay in numeric order after #9 now when sorted by name/label. But I notice that in the right-click "place point" dialog they don't)

I also love the progress bar when saving a project. Little touch, but much appreciated.

Andy

« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 05:19:20 AM by andyroo »

andyroo

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2013, 02:56:22 AM »
Looks like a bug in the Ground Control\Import dialogue. The row import is incremented by one from what I select. I am guessing that row 1 of the text file = row 0 in the dialogue window.

Anyway, if I export points from one photoscan project and import them to another, the default "start import" row is row 3 (unless I selected that, I forget), with Row 1 being Coordinate System and Row 2 being column headers. But if I select Row 3 to start the import, it skips my first point and starts importing at row 4. I have to select Row 2 in order to import all of my points.

Andy

esa.attia

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2013, 07:42:27 AM »
Hi I have issues exporting textures ..when I attempted to do it it says can't export texture.
in version 0.9.1 pre release

I'm running 64bit ubuntu.

Cheers

andyroo

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 20, 2013, 07:19:30 PM »
Depth filtering in 0.9.1 (1676) seems to work worse in removing noise and worse in preserving real detail than the default settings in 0.8.5.  In my first project done completely in 0.9.1, I tried depth filtering "mild" and "aggressive" and both times had results that were noisier than in 0.8.5 over water areas, and removed real detail (logs on gravel bars) that were preserved in 0.8.5.

Granted, lighting was different, and the flight lines were different, but I have 25 flights I've processed in various conditions in 0.8.5 and subjectively it seems like they are all less noisy over the water than 0.9.1, even in aggressive filter mode.

Is it possible to make the depth filter parameters more customizable than "Mild"/ "moderate"/"aggressive"? I would like to see an option that gives more control - maybe an "Advanced" checkbox that exposes the underlying parameters adjusted by the mild,moderate,aggressive settings so we can see and adjust them more..

Also in the region where the interpolation is happening, is the only way to avoid this to use the "sharp" reconstruction mode? From what I understand, this is not recommended with aerial imagery.

FoodMan

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 21, 2013, 03:54:26 PM »
Is it possible to make the depth filter parameters more customizable than "Mild"/ "moderate"/"aggressive"? I would like to see an option that gives more control - maybe an "Advanced" checkbox that exposes the underlying parameters adjusted by the mild,moderate,aggressive settings so we can see and adjust them more..

+1

Diego

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 21, 2013, 07:05:36 PM »

+1

andyroo

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 22, 2013, 12:36:29 AM »
I almost posted this in feature requests, then in bug reports, but I think it fits here too.

In 0.9.1 when I try to export a .jpg that's larger than the max. jpg size according to the jpg specification (65535 x 65535), Photoscan calculates the mosaic size, then continues to render the jpg even if x or y value of mosaic size > 65535.

This wastes a half hour or more generating an ortho that's doomed from the beginning. It seems like Photoscan should abort immediately with an "area too large!" error or something like that once it calculates mesh size, rather than try to generate an "illegal" jpg..

I can't scroll up in the console/log window when it's rendering either, since it updates too fast, so this would be a big help.

Wishgranter

• View Profile
    • Museum of Historic Buildings
« Reply #104 on: May 23, 2013, 03:23:51 PM »
speed of Pscan
Alexey, this performance im get n smoth and ULTRA, mostly im get aprox 1-1,2 mil how its possible that im get so high results ? 70x18Mpix photos.......

finished depth reconstruction in 45817.6 seconds
Device 1 performance: 198.63 million samples/sec (CPU)
Device 2 performance: 434.339 million samples/sec (GeForce GTX 560 Ti)
Device 3 performance: 871.766 million samples/sec (Tahiti)
Total performance: 1504.74 million samples/sec
----------------
www.mhb.sk