Forum

Author Topic: What’s the standard encoding system for 12 bit code target in Photoscan?  (Read 2634 times)

Dinovfx

• View Profile
What’s the standard encoding system for 12 bit code target in Photoscan?
I need to know how to read / identify that circular codes using python in other software for link the model side with I see in a film shot.

I suspect that codes have a standard library easy to read, but I don’t know how.

Any tip?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Hello Dinovfx,

Do you mean how the labels to the targets are assigned (i.e. the labeling convention)?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Dinovfx

• View Profile
Hi Alexey

Not exactly.

What I need is detect and identify the same coded target used during the photogrammetry process, into others film or video shots of the same place / scene, into other software ( because Photoscan don't´ handle entire video shots ).

Suppose we have a beautiful castle or medieval wall making troungth Photoscan with many CT´s ,
and later, we film a medieval knight, in front of walls, walking and looking for a tower with the princess inside.
We need to associate the pointcloud with these cleare CT´s , and the CT´s that can we see in the background of the film shot ( to help the knight to find the princess in the right place )

So, I need to know what´s the coded system ( Schanider, RAD, or what ) and if exist a python compatible library or opencv method to read and identify that.

thanks in advance for any help.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 03:19:56 AM by Dinovfx »

anton3495

• View Profile
Re: What’s the standard encoding system for 12 bit code target in Photoscan?
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2023, 03:42:09 PM »
I'm undusting this old thread because I have the same yet unanswered request.
Is the standard use for the Metashape implementation based on Schneider model which similar and open source (https://www.mdpi.com/1424-8220/21/3/855) ?
I'm part of research team and we are trying to find a cross-software coded target solution.

Best regard