Forum

Author Topic: sparse point cloud disappears after "align selected photos"  (Read 3749 times)

abbey146

• View Profile
sparse point cloud disappears after "align selected photos"
« on: October 16, 2018, 11:11:03 PM »
I'm having a new problem. Whenever I "align selected photos", my tie points/sparse cloud point disappears.

Here is my workflow:
-Align photos - high accuracy
-detect markers - 50 tolerance
-manually add markers that were missed in 'detect markers' processing.

So once I have sufficient markers assigned, I try to realign the photos that did not align the first time and tie point model disappears. But the markers do not. I have closed out of the program, used the zoom and reset view tools, deleted the tie points and re-ran the 'align photos'... nothing seems to work.

See photo for explanation of disappearing tie points.
**Note that I have 9 targets and in the photo they are all stacked on each other (which is inaccurate).

Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 11:13:37 PM by abbey146 »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: sparse point cloud disappears after "align selected photos"
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 11:31:04 PM »
Hello abbey146,

Do you have the coordinate information loaded both for cameras and markers to the Reference pane?

Do the selected coordinate systems in the Reference pane settings dialog correspond to the real systems for cameras/markers properly?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

abbey146

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 12:43:28 AM »
Hi Alexey,

Thank you for your response. There are coordinates assigned to the photos since they were taken by a drone. The markers do not have coordinates assigned to them. I have something processing right now, but I will check the coordinate systems in the Reference pane soon.

I processed photos from a previous drone survey this summer, same parameters, and had no issues like this. For the survey this summer, there were ~300 photos and 6 markers, and for this survey we have ~500 photos and 11 markers. Would either of those things affect it?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 07:54:28 AM »
Hello abbey146,

Is it possible to send the project re-saved in PSZ file that contains the described data to support@agisoft.com?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC