Forum

Author Topic: Mac vs Linux  (Read 2752 times)

nevermind

• View Profile
Mac vs Linux
« on: April 05, 2018, 03:08:49 AM »
I ran the demo monument images on both linux and the mac versions. After step one of the workflow the results are drastically different. On the Linux it kind of looks the images but on the mac it's just a mess of spread out points.

I made sure all the parameters are the same.  What could be the explanation for this?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Mac vs Linux
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 08:47:29 AM »
Hello nevermind,

Can you please post some screenshots demonstrating the alignment in both cases and also provide the processing parameters used? (if you can also post the processing logs for both runs from the Console pane, it could be also helpful).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

nevermind

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 12:20:43 PM »
I used default values for everything.  Here are screen shots.

To reproduce.

1. Add all photos from the monument sample data set
2. workflow -> Align photos.

That's it. No other steps were taken.

I can't upload screenshots because the forum complains they are too big.  You can view them here

https://imgur.com/a/ut54K

nevermind

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 04:01:53 AM »
Hello nevermind,

Can you please post some screenshots demonstrating the alignment in both cases and also provide the processing parameters used? (if you can also post the processing logs for both runs from the Console pane, it could be also helpful).

Hi can you help me with this issue? It seems like something is seriously broken in the Mac version.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 07:57:54 AM »
Hello nevermind,

In the Monument dataset there's a long of background data, so when the project is processed without masks you'll get the neighboring square also reconstructed. You can zoom to the camera locations and monument itself in the Model view, crop the tie points for the area of interest and then use Reset Region option to limit the area of reconstruction.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

nevermind

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 01:36:52 AM »
The germane question for me is why does it work well on Linux but not Mac? Why am I getting vastly different images on the same dataset with same parameters on the different machines.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 01:49:55 AM »
Hello nevermind,

Can you please send both projects in PSZ format to support@agisoft.com? Processing logs would be also helpful from both runs.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2018, 02:16:18 PM »
I'm interested in this question because I use the Mac Version. It's hard to compare both models because in the Linux Version the statue is zoomed in and in the Mac Version the model is zoomed out showing background noise. It would be interesting to see how results compare when we have the same amount of zoom to the statue. Apparently, the main difference relies in "Photoscan's interpretation" of the model region and the amount of auto zoom showed.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 03:24:28 PM »
As far as can see after few tests, on Linux the viewpoint is not reset after completion of the alignment operation. But if you press Reset View button you should be able to see the whole scene (i.e. the viewpoint will be zoomed out).

So it seems to be incorrect behavior of the default reset view on Linux, while the processing result is very similar.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

bikasgaur

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2018, 03:24:39 PM »
Nevermind,

I myself use PhotoScan on a Mac and the processed images are just fine.. Is this something to do with your Mac? Mind sharing your system configuration?

andru96

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2018, 12:49:12 PM »
My point of view..

Macbook and Linux are both similar and different sectores.. thanks for sharing...

Regards,

andruplint
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 04:05:57 PM by Alexey Pasumansky »